Rocky Camp Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Rocky Camp (5280) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 336 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Rocky Camp is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Rocky Camp was 254 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Rocky Camp is 44 years of age.

91.2% of people living in the suburb of Rocky Camp were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.6% England, 1.6% New Zealand, 1.6% Netherlands.

98.8% of people living in Rocky Camp speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.2% Spanish.

The religious makeup of Rocky Camp is 28.9% No religion, 28.1% Catholic, 11.5% Anglican, 8.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Uniting Church, 5.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.4% Lutheran, 1.2% Christian, nfd, 1.2% Baptist.

70.4% of people are married, 21.8% have never married and 3.9% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Rocky Camp.

48.6% of the people living in Rocky Camp over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.1% are working on a part time basis. Rocky Camp has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Rocky Camp are 28.6% Managers, 14.3% Professionals, 11.6% Sales workers, 11.6% Technicians & trades workers, 10.9% Labourers, 10.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.8% Community & personal service workers, 4.1% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Rocky Camp work in are 22.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.6% Manufacturing, 12.2% Retail trade, 12.2% Health care and social assistance, 8.2% Construction, 6.8% Education and training, 6.1% Wholesale trade, 5.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.8% Public administration and safety.

48.1% of homes are fully owned, and 44.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $573 per week and the median household income is $1042 per week.

The median rent in Rocky Camp is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Rocky Camp postcode 5280

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Risdon Park 5540 -> Far North -> South Australia