Wandilo Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Wandilo (5291) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 367 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Wandilo is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Wandilo was 268 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wandilo is 43 years of age.

95.8% of people living in the suburb of Wandilo were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% Netherlands, 1.9% England.

98.9% of people living in Wandilo speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.1% Italian.

The religious makeup of Wandilo is 26.9% No religion, 21.3% Catholic, 9.3% Uniting Church, 8.6% Christian, nfd, 8.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.1% Anglican, 7.1% Lutheran, 6.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.1% Baptist.

68.9% of people are married, 18.9% have never married and 8.0% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Wandilo.

50.3% of the people living in Wandilo over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 42.5% are working on a part time basis. Wandilo has an unemployment rate of 1.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Wandilo are 27.2% Managers, 16.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.0% Professionals, 9.9% Sales workers, 9.9% Technicians & trades workers, 9.3% Labourers, 8.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.7% Community & personal service workers, 2.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Wandilo work in are 26.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.1% Manufacturing, 9.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.4% Retail trade, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.6% Administrative and support services, 3.7% Professional, scientific and technical services.

37.8% of homes are fully owned, and 37.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $624 per week and the median household income is $1305 per week.

The median rent in Wandilo is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wandilo postcode 5291

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Millswood 5034 -> Adelaide -> South Australia