Mount Schank Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Mount Schank (5291) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 385 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Mount Schank is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Mount Schank was 317 and is comprised of approximately 46.7% females and 53.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mount Schank is 36 years of age.

91.5% of people living in the suburb of Mount Schank were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% New Zealand, 1.9% England, 1.6% Netherlands.

99.1% of people living in Mount Schank speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mount Schank is 31.9% No religion, 16.7% Catholic, 14.2% Anglican, 9.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.2% Uniting Church, 6.0% Lutheran, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.4% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Salvation Army, 1.3% Baptist.

62.9% of people are married, 29.4% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 2.4% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Mount Schank.

61.2% of the people living in Mount Schank over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.1% are working on a part time basis. Mount Schank has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Mount Schank are 39.4% Managers, 11.7% Technicians & trades workers, 11.1% Professionals, 10.0% Labourers, 6.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.7% Community & personal service workers, 6.1% Sales workers, 5.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Mount Schank work in are 45.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.4% Manufacturing, 7.9% Health care and social assistance, 6.7% Wholesale trade, 5.6% Retail trade, 5.1% Accommodation and food services, 3.4% Construction, 3.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.4% Information media and telecommunications.

38.9% of homes are fully owned, and 38.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $643 per week and the median household income is $1426 per week.

The median rent in Mount Schank is $85 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $996 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mount Schank postcode 5291

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Sevenhill 5453 -> Mid North -> South Australia