Rolleston Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Rolleston (4702) is a suburb of Central Coast, Mackay & Whitsundays, Queensland. It is about 553 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Rolleston is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Rolleston was 129 and is comprised of approximately 46.5% females and 53.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Rolleston is 41 years of age.

85.9% of people living in the suburb of Rolleston were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% Ireland, 3.1% New Zealand.

95.3% of people living in Rolleston speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Rolleston is 37.2% Catholic, 25.6% Anglican, 12.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.8% No religion, 3.9% Uniting Church, 2.3% Lutheran, 2.3% Christian, nfd.

56.7% of people are married, 28.9% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Rolleston.

71.6% of the people living in Rolleston over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.3% are working on a part time basis. Rolleston has an unemployment rate of 4.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Rolleston are 27.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 20.8% Managers, 18.1% Labourers, 12.5% Technicians & trades workers, 8.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.2% Professionals, 4.2% Sales workers, 4.2% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Rolleston work in are 24.3% Mining, 18.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.9% Public administration and safety, 10.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.6% Retail trade, 4.3% Manufacturing, 4.3% Administrative and support services, 4.3% Education and training, 4.3% Rental, hiring and real estate services.

21.6% of homes are fully owned, and 39.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 33.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $678 per week and the median household income is $1093 per week.

The median rent in Rolleston is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $654 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Rolleston postcode 4702

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Tamrookum 4285 -> South Eastern -> Queensland