Gogango Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Gogango (4702) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 517 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Gogango is in the federal electorate of Flynn.

In the 2011 census the population of Gogango was 310 and is comprised of approximately 43.2% females and 56.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gogango is 47 years of age.

89.4% of people living in the suburb of Gogango were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England, 1.3% New Zealand.

95.2% of people living in Gogango speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gogango is 27.0% Catholic, 25.1% Anglican, 14.1% Uniting Church, 8.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% No religion, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.5% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Other religious affiliation , 1.3% Salvation Army, 1.0% Latter-day Saints.

68.1% of people are married, 18.7% have never married and 8.4% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Gogango.

72.7% of the people living in Gogango over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 14.2% are working on a part time basis. Gogango has an unemployment rate of 1.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Gogango are 47.2% Managers, 12.2% Labourers, 10.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.7% Technicians & trades workers, 5.0% Professionals, 5.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 1.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Gogango work in are 53.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.6% Accommodation and food services, 5.0% Education and training, 5.0% Other services, 5.0% Mining, 5.0% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.3% Public administration and safety, 3.3% Financial and insurance services, 1.7% Professional, scientific and technical services.

58.1% of homes are fully owned, and 22.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $549 per week and the median household income is $1100 per week.

The median rent in Gogango is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1333 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gogango postcode 4702

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: West Mackay 4740 -> Central Coast -> Queensland