St Fillans Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

St Fillans (2850) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 214 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. St Fillans is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of St Fillans was 287 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of St Fillans is 42 years of age.

84.7% of people living in the suburb of St Fillans were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% Finland, 2.1% New Zealand, 2.1% Germany, 1.7% England.

93.8% of people living in St Fillans speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of St Fillans is 36.4% Anglican, 30.4% Catholic, 14.3% No religion, 11.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Uniting Church, 1.0% Salvation Army.

59.5% of people are married, 24.2% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 2.2% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in St Fillans.

58.1% of the people living in St Fillans over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.4% are working on a part time basis. St Fillans has an unemployment rate of 2.3%.

The main occupations of people living in St Fillans are 19.8% Technicians & trades workers, 16.7% Managers, 15.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.3% Professionals, 9.5% Labourers, 8.7% Sales workers, 7.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from St Fillans work in are 18.0% Mining, 11.7% Other services, 10.9% Retail trade, 10.9% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Accommodation and food services, 7.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.5% Education and training, 4.7% Manufacturing, 4.7% Financial and insurance services.

44.1% of homes are fully owned, and 36.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in St Fillans is $325 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1889 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for St Fillans postcode 2850

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: North Casino 2470 -> North Coast -> New South Wales