Menah Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Menah (2850) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 213 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Menah is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Menah was 422 and is comprised of approximately 45.5% females and 54.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Menah is 45 years of age.

86.3% of people living in the suburb of Menah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% Netherlands, 1.4% New Zealand, 1.4% England, 1.2% Scotland, 0.9% United States of America.

94.8% of people living in Menah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Menah is 29.6% Anglican, 27.7% Catholic, 15.9% No religion, 8.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Jehovah's Witnesses, 3.6% Uniting Church, 1.4% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Other religious affiliation , 0.7% Christian, nfd.

64.1% of people are married, 21.9% have never married and 7.3% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in Menah.

63.5% of the people living in Menah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.4% are working on a part time basis. Menah has an unemployment rate of 4.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Menah are 24.8% Managers, 20.3% Professionals, 13.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Technicians & trades workers, 9.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.4% Community & personal service workers, 6.4% Labourers, 4.5% Sales workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Menah work in are 15.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Education and training, 8.9% Manufacturing, 8.9% Mining, 7.9% Construction, 6.4% Retail trade, 5.9% Other services, 5.4% Accommodation and food services.

42.3% of homes are fully owned, and 38.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $577 per week and the median household income is $1218 per week.

The median rent in Menah is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2167 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Menah postcode 2850

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Weilmoringle 2839 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales