Willawarrin Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Willawarrin (2440) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 353 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Willawarrin is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Willawarrin was 304 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Willawarrin is 44 years of age.

80.8% of people living in the suburb of Willawarrin were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.0% England, 3.6% New Zealand, 1.0% Germany.

92.7% of people living in Willawarrin speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Willawarrin is 29.9% Anglican, 17.8% No religion, 16.1% Catholic, 13.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.9% Uniting Church, 4.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.0% Baptist.

36.5% of people are married, 36.9% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 7.0% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Willawarrin.

31.9% of the people living in Willawarrin over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 40.4% are working on a part time basis. Willawarrin has an unemployment rate of 18.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Willawarrin are 18.8% Managers, 18.8% Community & personal service workers, 15.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Technicians & trades workers, 10.0% Professionals, 7.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.8% Sales workers, 3.8% Labourers.

The main industries people from Willawarrin work in are 22.1% Health care and social assistance, 11.7% Accommodation and food services, 11.7% Construction, 9.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.1% Retail trade, 7.8% Wholesale trade, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.5% Manufacturing, 6.5% Education and training.

48.0% of homes are fully owned, and 32.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $329 per week and the median household income is $749 per week.

The median rent in Willawarrin is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Willawarrin postcode 2440

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Newton Boyd 2370 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales