Hat Head Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Hat Head (2440) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 357 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Hat Head is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Hat Head was 326 and is comprised of approximately 44.8% females and 55.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hat Head is 49 years of age.

90.8% of people living in the suburb of Hat Head were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England.

92.6% of people living in Hat Head speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hat Head is 29.9% Catholic, 25.3% Anglican, 22.6% No religion, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.0% Uniting Church, 1.8% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 0.9% Salvation Army, 0.9% Buddhism, 0.9% Lutheran.

49.0% of people are married, 27.6% have never married and 11.6% are divorced and 4.1% are separated. There are 23 widowed people living in Hat Head.

43.1% of the people living in Hat Head over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.5% are working on a part time basis. Hat Head has an unemployment rate of 9.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Hat Head are 26.4% Professionals, 20.0% Technicians & trades workers, 12.7% Labourers, 11.8% Managers, 10.9% Community & personal service workers, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.5% Sales workers, 2.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Hat Head work in are 17.4% Health care and social assistance, 16.5% Education and training, 15.7% Construction, 13.0% Accommodation and food services, 7.8% Public administration and safety, 7.8% Retail trade, 5.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

51.8% of homes are fully owned, and 20.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $396 per week and the median household income is $757 per week.

The median rent in Hat Head is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1542 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hat Head postcode 2440

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Newton Boyd 2370 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales