Kinchela Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Kinchela (2440) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 361 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Kinchela is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Kinchela was 318 and is comprised of approximately 49.4% females and 50.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kinchela is 47 years of age.

93.7% of people living in the suburb of Kinchela were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 0.9% England.

97.2% of people living in Kinchela speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kinchela is 25.5% Catholic, 24.8% Uniting Church, 20.1% Anglican, 18.2% No religion, 6.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.9% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Other Protestant.

50.0% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 12.8% are divorced and 6.8% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Kinchela.

51.9% of the people living in Kinchela over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.2% are working on a part time basis. Kinchela has an unemployment rate of 4.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Kinchela are 23.8% Managers, 14.3% Technicians & trades workers, 13.5% Labourers, 10.3% Professionals, 10.3% Sales workers, 9.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Kinchela work in are 19.7% Health care and social assistance, 17.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Accommodation and food services, 9.4% Education and training, 7.9% Retail trade, 7.1% Manufacturing, 7.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 7.1% Administrative and support services, 6.3% Wholesale trade.

55.9% of homes are fully owned, and 26.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $343 per week and the median household income is $738 per week.

The median rent in Kinchela is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1270 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kinchela postcode 2440

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Burraga 2795 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales