Smithtown Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Smithtown (2440) is a suburb of North Coast, Mid North Coast, New South Wales. It is about 357 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Smithtown is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Smithtown was 605 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Smithtown is 41 years of age.

93.2% of people living in the suburb of Smithtown were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 0.8% England, 0.7% Philippines, 0.5% New Zealand.

96.2% of people living in Smithtown speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Smithtown is 33.4% Anglican, 25.1% Catholic, 13.7% No religion, 12.1% Uniting Church, 6.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.0% Other religious affiliation , 0.7% Salvation Army.

46.6% of people are married, 31.6% have never married and 10.3% are divorced and 4.4% are separated. There are 33 widowed people living in Smithtown.

50.0% of the people living in Smithtown over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.8% are working on a part time basis. Smithtown has an unemployment rate of 6.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Smithtown are 26.1% Labourers, 15.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Technicians & trades workers, 11.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.7% Sales workers, 9.3% Managers, 7.1% Community & personal service workers, 5.8% Professionals, 4.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Smithtown work in are 15.4% Retail trade, 14.5% Manufacturing, 14.5% Health care and social assistance, 9.6% Accommodation and food services, 8.8% Construction, 6.6% Public administration and safety, 5.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.9% Education and training, 3.9% Administrative and support services.

43.4% of homes are fully owned, and 31.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $378 per week and the median household income is $704 per week.

The median rent in Smithtown is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1132 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Smithtown postcode 2440

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Voyager Point 2172 -> Sydney -> New South Wales