Naringal Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Naringal (3277) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 210 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Naringal is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Naringal was 294 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Naringal is 34 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Naringal were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% New Zealand, 1.7% Switzerland, 1.4% England.

99.0% of people living in Naringal speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Naringal is 29.9% Catholic, 16.7% No religion, 14.3% Anglican, 12.6% Uniting Church, 9.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 8.5% Baptist, 4.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.0% Lutheran, 1.4% Other religious affiliation , 1.0% Buddhism.

57.3% of people are married, 32.3% have never married and 5.9% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Naringal.

53.6% of the people living in Naringal over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. Naringal has an unemployment rate of 3.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Naringal are 44.1% Managers, 14.3% Labourers, 9.9% Professionals, 8.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Technicians & trades workers, 6.2% Sales workers, 6.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Naringal work in are 40.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.1% Manufacturing, 5.6% Retail trade, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Construction, 5.0% Health care and social assistance, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.8% Accommodation and food services, 3.8% Wholesale trade.

42.4% of homes are fully owned, and 27.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $668 per week and the median household income is $1312 per week.

The median rent in Naringal is $115 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1950 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Naringal postcode 3277

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Warrandyte 3113 -> Melbourne -> Victoria