Mepunga East Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Mepunga East (3277) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 209 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Mepunga East is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Mepunga East was 185 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mepunga East is 36 years of age.

93.0% of people living in the suburb of Mepunga East were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% New Zealand, 1.6% Ireland.

96.2% of people living in Mepunga East speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mepunga East is 23.5% Uniting Church, 20.9% Catholic, 13.9% No religion, 8.0% Anglican, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 3.2% Other religious affiliation , 3.2% Pentecostal.

49.0% of people are married, 31.5% have never married and 8.4% are divorced and 4.9% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Mepunga East.

70.9% of the people living in Mepunga East over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.3% are working on a part time basis. Mepunga East has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Mepunga East are 55.9% Managers, 14.7% Labourers, 6.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 5.9% Technicians & trades workers, 4.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.9% Professionals, 2.9% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mepunga East work in are 48.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Manufacturing, 5.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.7% Accommodation and food services, 5.7% Retail trade, 5.7% Construction, 5.7% Wholesale trade, 5.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.9% Public administration and safety.

48.4% of homes are fully owned, and 24.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $690 per week and the median household income is $1208 per week.

The median rent in Mepunga East is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1859 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mepunga East postcode 3277

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Aireys Inlet 3231 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria