Bostocks Creek Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Bostocks Creek (3260) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 171 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Bostocks Creek is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Bostocks Creek was 217 and is comprised of approximately 49.8% females and 50.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bostocks Creek is 42 years of age.

94.0% of people living in the suburb of Bostocks Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% Netherlands, 1.4% New Zealand.

97.2% of people living in Bostocks Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bostocks Creek is 34.7% Catholic, 16.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 15.3% Uniting Church, 13.9% Anglican, 11.1% No religion, 4.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.2% Christian, nfd.

49.1% of people are married, 38.0% have never married and 2.3% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Bostocks Creek.

72.0% of the people living in Bostocks Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.2% are working on a part time basis. Bostocks Creek has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Bostocks Creek are 37.5% Managers, 16.4% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Labourers, 9.4% Sales workers, 8.6% Professionals, 4.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.7% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Bostocks Creek work in are 25.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.6% Construction, 9.3% Retail trade, 9.3% Manufacturing, 9.3% Education and training, 7.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Wholesale trade, 4.7% Other services, 4.7% Transport, postal and warehousing.

47.9% of homes are fully owned, and 25.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $588 per week and the median household income is $1093 per week.

The median rent in Bostocks Creek is $110 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bostocks Creek postcode 3260

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Natte Yallock 3465 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria