Bookaar Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Bookaar (3260) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 168 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Bookaar is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Bookaar was 168 and is comprised of approximately 46.4% females and 53.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bookaar is 42 years of age.

89.9% of people living in the suburb of Bookaar were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.5% New Zealand, 1.8% Wales, 1.8% England.

97.6% of people living in Bookaar speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bookaar is 28.1% Catholic, 24.0% No religion, 23.4% Anglican, 13.2% Uniting Church, 6.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Other religious affiliation .

57.4% of people are married, 32.0% have never married and 5.7% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Bookaar.

70.9% of the people living in Bookaar over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.9% are working on a part time basis. Bookaar has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Bookaar are 50.0% Managers, 18.3% Labourers, 12.2% Professionals, 8.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.7% Community & personal service workers, 3.7% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Bookaar work in are 54.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.8% Education and training, 7.2% Manufacturing, 7.2% Construction, 6.0% Health care and social assistance, 3.6% Accommodation and food services, 3.6% Public administration and safety, 3.6% Financial and insurance services, 3.6% Inadequately described/Not stated.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 25.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 36.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $580 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Bookaar is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bookaar postcode 3260

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Natte Yallock 3465 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria