Bessiebelle Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Bessiebelle (3304) is a suburb of South Western Victoria, Great Ocean Rd/Otway Ranges, Victoria. It is about 266 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Bessiebelle is in the federal electorate of Wannon.

In the 2011 census the population of Bessiebelle was 176 and is comprised of approximately 44.9% females and 55.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bessiebelle is 44 years of age.

88.4% of people living in the suburb of Bessiebelle were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.4% New Zealand.

98.3% of people living in Bessiebelle speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bessiebelle is 26.6% Catholic, 16.9% No religion, 16.4% Anglican, 13.0% Uniting Church, 10.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.4% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Lutheran, 1.7% Churches of Christ.

58.1% of people are married, 29.7% have never married and 8.1% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Bessiebelle.

59.2% of the people living in Bessiebelle over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.0% are working on a part time basis. Bessiebelle has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Bessiebelle are 50.0% Managers, 17.0% Labourers, 10.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.0% Technicians & trades workers, 6.0% Professionals, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Bessiebelle work in are 49.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.7% Health care and social assistance, 13.7% Manufacturing, 5.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.9% Construction, 2.9% Public administration and safety, 2.9% Retail trade, 2.9% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.9% Other services.

46.7% of homes are fully owned, and 36.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $531 per week and the median household income is $1274 per week.

The median rent in Bessiebelle is $138 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $208 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bessiebelle postcode 3304

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Box Hill North 3129 -> Melbourne -> Victoria