Rokeby Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Rokeby (3821) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 89 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Rokeby is in the federal electorate of McMillan.

In the 2011 census the population of Rokeby was 361 and is comprised of approximately 51.5% females and 48.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Rokeby is 42 years of age.

88.9% of people living in the suburb of Rokeby were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.5% England, 1.4% Canada, 1.1% Germany, 0.8% New Zealand.

97.8% of people living in Rokeby speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Rokeby is 36.9% No religion, 20.8% Catholic, 18.6% Anglican, 9.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Brethren, 1.9% Churches of Christ, 1.7% Uniting Church, 1.4% Salvation Army, 1.4% Jehovah's Witnesses.

51.8% of people are married, 33.6% have never married and 8.6% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Rokeby.

52.1% of the people living in Rokeby over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.3% are working on a part time basis. Rokeby has an unemployment rate of 5.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Rokeby are 17.2% Professionals, 17.2% Managers, 15.2% Technicians & trades workers, 11.8% Labourers, 11.3% Community & personal service workers, 11.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.4% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Rokeby work in are 14.7% Health care and social assistance, 14.2% Construction, 11.8% Retail trade, 10.8% Manufacturing, 9.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.9% Education and training, 5.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.9% Accommodation and food services.

33.8% of homes are fully owned, and 52.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $558 per week and the median household income is $1260 per week.

The median rent in Rokeby is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1454 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Rokeby postcode 3821

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Warracknabeal 3393 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria