Nilma Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Nilma (3821) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 96 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Nilma is in the federal electorate of McMillan.

In the 2011 census the population of Nilma was 226 and is comprised of approximately 49.6% females and 50.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Nilma is 38 years of age.

90.6% of people living in the suburb of Nilma were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% Netherlands, 1.8% England.

97.3% of people living in Nilma speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Nilma is 35.4% No religion, 25.7% Catholic, 19.5% Anglican, 8.0% Uniting Church, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.3% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Eastern Orthodox, 1.3% Judaism.

57.3% of people are married, 21.0% have never married and 12.7% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Nilma.

62.6% of the people living in Nilma over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.0% are working on a part time basis. Nilma has an unemployment rate of 5.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Nilma are 24.5% Technicians & trades workers, 18.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 18.4% Labourers, 12.2% Managers, 7.1% Professionals, 7.1% Community & personal service workers, 6.1% Sales workers, 6.1% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Nilma work in are 21.8% Construction, 14.9% Manufacturing, 9.9% Retail trade, 9.9% Health care and social assistance, 8.9% Accommodation and food services, 8.9% Wholesale trade, 5.9% Public administration and safety, 5.9% Other services, 5.0% Inadequately described/Not stated.

32.4% of homes are fully owned, and 58.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $503 per week and the median household income is $833 per week.

The median rent in Nilma is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1200 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Nilma postcode 3821

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Warracknabeal 3393 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria