Ellinbank Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Ellinbank (3821) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 95 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Ellinbank is in the federal electorate of McMillan.

In the 2011 census the population of Ellinbank was 400 and is comprised of approximately 48.8% females and 51.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ellinbank is 42 years of age.

82.0% of people living in the suburb of Ellinbank were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.3% England, 1.5% Netherlands, 1.5% Ireland, 1.5% Germany, 1.3% New Zealand, 1.3% United States of America.

96.7% of people living in Ellinbank speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ellinbank is 28.1% No religion, 22.1% Anglican, 16.7% Catholic, 14.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.2% Uniting Church, 3.5% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Other religious affiliation , 1.5% Pentecostal, 0.7% Buddhism.

52.0% of people are married, 30.5% have never married and 9.8% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Ellinbank.

55.7% of the people living in Ellinbank over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.5% are working on a part time basis. Ellinbank has an unemployment rate of 3.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Ellinbank are 19.8% Managers, 18.0% Professionals, 13.5% Labourers, 12.6% Technicians & trades workers, 10.8% Sales workers, 9.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 1.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Ellinbank work in are 15.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.7% Construction, 10.9% Health care and social assistance, 10.0% Retail trade, 7.7% Education and training, 7.2% Public administration and safety, 5.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.5% Accommodation and food services.

45.0% of homes are fully owned, and 42.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $497 per week and the median household income is $1151 per week.

The median rent in Ellinbank is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1571 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ellinbank postcode 3821

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Warracknabeal 3393 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria