Quantong Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Quantong (3401) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 287 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Quantong is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Quantong was 308 and is comprised of approximately 46.1% females and 53.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Quantong is 41 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Quantong were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% England, 1.6% New Zealand.

98.1% of people living in Quantong speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Quantong is 22.1% No religion, 19.5% Catholic, 16.6% Uniting Church, 11.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.7% Anglican, 7.1% Lutheran, 4.5% Churches of Christ, 1.9% Salvation Army, 1.9% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Pentecostal.

64.8% of people are married, 22.3% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 1.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Quantong.

54.2% of the people living in Quantong over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.3% are working on a part time basis. Quantong has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Quantong are 20.6% Professionals, 15.8% Technicians & trades workers, 13.3% Community & personal service workers, 12.7% Managers, 10.3% Labourers, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.3% Sales workers, 7.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Quantong work in are 19.4% Health care and social assistance, 10.9% Public administration and safety, 9.7% Manufacturing, 9.1% Education and training, 8.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.5% Wholesale trade, 7.9% Construction, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Retail trade.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 51.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $580 per week and the median household income is $1288 per week.

The median rent in Quantong is $170 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Quantong postcode 3401

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Meredith 3333 -> Melbourne -> Victoria