Jung Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Jung (3401) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 271 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Jung is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Jung was 246 and is comprised of approximately 47.2% females and 52.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Jung is 37 years of age.

90.2% of people living in the suburb of Jung were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England.

93.0% of people living in Jung speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Jung is 23.1% No religion, 17.8% Uniting Church, 16.6% Catholic, 13.0% Lutheran, 12.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.5% Anglican, 2.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Other religious affiliation , 2.0% Churches of Christ, 2.0% Christian, nfd.

50.0% of people are married, 36.3% have never married and 11.8% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Jung.

54.4% of the people living in Jung over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.8% are working on a part time basis. Jung has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Jung are 30.8% Managers, 18.3% Technicians & trades workers, 16.3% Labourers, 14.4% Sales workers, 9.6% Professionals, 3.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Jung work in are 32.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 14.9% Health care and social assistance, 11.9% Retail trade, 9.9% Construction, 8.9% Wholesale trade, 5.9% Education and training, 4.0% Manufacturing, 3.0% Public administration and safety, 3.0% Inadequately described/Not stated.

39.5% of homes are fully owned, and 28.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 26.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $391 per week and the median household income is $833 per week.

The median rent in Jung is $23 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $758 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Jung postcode 3401

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Katamatite 3649 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria