Mead Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Mead (3568) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 235 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Mead is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Mead was 190 and is comprised of approximately 48.4% females and 51.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mead is 44 years of age.

91.1% of people living in the suburb of Mead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.6% England.

93.7% of people living in Mead speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mead is 27.4% No religion, 23.7% Anglican, 14.7% Catholic, 11.6% Uniting Church, 10.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.2% Pentecostal, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Buddhism, 1.6% Baptist, 1.6% Lutheran.

63.7% of people are married, 26.9% have never married and 3.8% are divorced and 3.8% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Mead.

62.0% of the people living in Mead over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.9% are working on a part time basis. Mead has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Mead are 55.2% Managers, 9.5% Community & personal service workers, 8.6% Sales workers, 7.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.7% Professionals, 5.7% Technicians & trades workers, 4.8% Labourers, 2.9% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Mead work in are 60.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.7% Health care and social assistance, 9.8% Retail trade, 4.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.9% Public administration and safety, 2.9% Manufacturing, 2.9% Administrative and support services, 2.9% Transport, postal and warehousing.

35.6% of homes are fully owned, and 40.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $405 per week and the median household income is $814 per week.

The median rent in Mead is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mead postcode 3568

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Serviceton 3420 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria