Mcmillans Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Mcmillans (3568) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 229 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Mcmillans is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Mcmillans was 203 and is comprised of approximately 47.8% females and 52.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mcmillans is 31 years of age.

88.9% of people living in the suburb of Mcmillans were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% Philippines.

96.5% of people living in Mcmillans speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.5% Other .

The religious makeup of Mcmillans is 22.8% Catholic, 19.8% Anglican, 19.3% Uniting Church, 18.3% No religion, 12.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Lutheran, 1.5% Salvation Army.

57.2% of people are married, 28.9% have never married and 4.8% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Mcmillans.

70.5% of the people living in Mcmillans over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 18.8% are working on a part time basis. Mcmillans has an unemployment rate of 2.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Mcmillans are 61.1% Managers, 8.3% Technicians & trades workers, 7.4% Professionals, 6.5% Community & personal service workers, 5.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.6% Labourers, 2.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Mcmillans work in are 71.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.4% Construction, 5.6% Retail trade, 5.6% Health care and social assistance, 4.6% Manufacturing, 2.8% Public administration and safety, 2.8% Education and training.

39.1% of homes are fully owned, and 18.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 42.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $529 per week and the median household income is $945 per week.

The median rent in Mcmillans is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $900 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mcmillans postcode 3568

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Invermay 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria