Gannawarra Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Gannawarra (3568) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Western, Victoria. It is about 245 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Gannawarra is in the federal electorate of Mallee.

In the 2011 census the population of Gannawarra was 223 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gannawarra is 43 years of age.

93.3% of people living in the suburb of Gannawarra were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% England, 1.3% New Zealand.

98.6% of people living in Gannawarra speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gannawarra is 23.7% Anglican, 20.1% No religion, 20.1% Catholic, 16.1% Baptist, 8.9% Uniting Church, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Other religious affiliation .

52.9% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 3.5% are divorced and 7.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Gannawarra.

61.2% of the people living in Gannawarra over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.0% are working on a part time basis. Gannawarra has an unemployment rate of 5.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Gannawarra are 42.1% Managers, 16.8% Technicians & trades workers, 13.1% Labourers, 8.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.7% Professionals, 2.8% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Gannawarra work in are 53.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.4% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 6.5% Construction, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Mining, 4.7% Retail trade, 4.7% Health care and social assistance, 2.8% Accommodation and food services, 2.8% Arts and recreation services.

42.5% of homes are fully owned, and 22.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 30.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $426 per week and the median household income is $759 per week.

The median rent in Gannawarra is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gannawarra postcode 3568

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Narre Warren 3805 -> Melbourne -> Victoria