Baynton Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Baynton (3444) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 80 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Baynton is in the federal electorate of Bendigo.

In the 2011 census the population of Baynton was 202 and is comprised of approximately 50.5% females and 49.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Baynton is 50 years of age.

78.2% of people living in the suburb of Baynton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.4% England, 4.0% United States of America, 2.0% New Zealand, 2.0% Germany.

94.0% of people living in Baynton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Baynton is 31.2% Catholic, 27.2% No religion, 13.9% Anglican, 9.4% Baptist, 8.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.9% Uniting Church, 2.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Christian, nfd.

61.3% of people are married, 24.5% have never married and 6.7% are divorced and 1.8% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Baynton.

49.5% of the people living in Baynton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 40.6% are working on a part time basis. Baynton has an unemployment rate of 3.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Baynton are 42.7% Managers, 18.8% Professionals, 12.5% Technicians & trades workers, 9.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.2% Labourers, 4.2% Sales workers, 3.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Baynton work in are 39.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.2% Education and training, 8.2% Retail trade, 7.1% Construction, 6.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.1% Accommodation and food services, 6.1% Public administration and safety, 4.1% Manufacturing, 3.1% Arts and recreation services.

58.5% of homes are fully owned, and 23.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $504 per week and the median household income is $1114 per week.

The median rent in Baynton is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Baynton postcode 3444

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Cororooke 3254 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria