Lyal Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Lyal (3444) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 108 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Lyal is in the federal electorate of Bendigo.

In the 2011 census the population of Lyal was 131 and is comprised of approximately 48.9% females and 51.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lyal is 46 years of age.

73.3% of people living in the suburb of Lyal were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 10.7% England, 3.1% Scotland.

87.7% of people living in Lyal speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 12.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lyal is 25.2% Anglican, 23.7% No religion, 17.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 15.3% Catholic, 8.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Uniting Church, 3.1% Lutheran, 3.1% Christian, nfd.

66.3% of people are married, 16.3% have never married and 10.2% are divorced and 7.1% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Lyal.

71.9% of the people living in Lyal over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.8% are working on a part time basis. Lyal has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Lyal are 41.2% Managers, 17.6% Professionals, 11.8% Technicians & trades workers, 5.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 5.9% Labourers.

The main industries people from Lyal work in are 18.2% Health care and social assistance, 16.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Accommodation and food services, 10.9% Public administration and safety, 10.9% Construction, 10.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.5% Retail trade, 5.5% Manufacturing, 5.5% Wholesale trade.

39.5% of homes are fully owned, and 41.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $554 per week and the median household income is $900 per week.

The median rent in Lyal is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2150 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lyal postcode 3444

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Grassdale 3302 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria