Wellsford Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Wellsford (3551) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 136 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Wellsford is in the federal electorate of Bendigo.

In the 2011 census the population of Wellsford was 137 and is comprised of approximately 53.3% females and 46.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wellsford is 45 years of age.

81.6% of people living in the suburb of Wellsford were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 9.6% England, 4.4% Germany.

95.6% of people living in Wellsford speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wellsford is 30.4% Anglican, 16.7% No religion, 15.2% Catholic, 8.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Baptist, 7.2% Uniting Church, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.9% Buddhism, 2.2% Eastern Orthodox, 2.2% Christian, nfd.

52.2% of people are married, 27.0% have never married and 5.2% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Wellsford.

48.5% of the people living in Wellsford over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 51.5% are working on a part time basis. Wellsford has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wellsford are 17.6% Managers, 17.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.2% Professionals, 13.2% Sales workers, 8.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 8.8% Labourers, 8.8% Technicians & trades workers, 4.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.4% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Wellsford work in are 18.2% Manufacturing, 15.2% Health care and social assistance, 13.6% Retail trade, 12.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.6% Wholesale trade, 9.1% Accommodation and food services, 7.6% Public administration and safety, 4.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.5% Financial and insurance services.

43.9% of homes are fully owned, and 28.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $429 per week and the median household income is $981 per week.

The median rent in Wellsford is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $759 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wellsford postcode 3551

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Millbrook 3352 -> South Western Victoria -> Victoria