Axe Creek Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Axe Creek (3551) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 118 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Axe Creek is in the federal electorate of Bendigo.

In the 2011 census the population of Axe Creek was 300 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Axe Creek is 38 years of age.

90.7% of people living in the suburb of Axe Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% New Zealand, 1.3% England.

95.7% of people living in Axe Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Axe Creek is 32.7% Catholic, 22.7% No religion, 19.3% Anglican, 7.0% Uniting Church, 6.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Baptist, 3.3% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Other Protestant, 1.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.0% Lutheran.

64.5% of people are married, 25.9% have never married and 3.1% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Axe Creek.

57.4% of the people living in Axe Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.5% are working on a part time basis. Axe Creek has an unemployment rate of 5.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Axe Creek are 22.4% Professionals, 16.8% Managers, 16.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.3% Technicians & trades workers, 11.8% Sales workers, 7.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.0% Community & personal service workers, 4.3% Labourers, 1.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Axe Creek work in are 14.8% Retail trade, 12.3% Education and training, 11.1% Manufacturing, 9.3% Construction, 8.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 8.0% Public administration and safety, 7.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing.

37.1% of homes are fully owned, and 53.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $579 per week and the median household income is $1652 per week.

The median rent in Axe Creek is $233 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1387 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Axe Creek postcode 3551

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Glengarry 3854 -> South Eastern Victoria -> Victoria