Waratah Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Waratah (7321) is a suburb of Tasmania, West Coast, Tasmania. It is about 218 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Waratah is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Waratah was 298 and is comprised of approximately 40.6% females and 59.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Waratah is 45 years of age.

82.4% of people living in the suburb of Waratah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.4% England, 2.7% Germany, 2.4% Scotland.

95.6% of people living in Waratah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Waratah is 26.1% No religion, 26.1% Anglican, 22.1% Catholic, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Uniting Church, 3.3% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Baptist, 2.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Lutheran, 2.0% Other Religious Groups.

41.4% of people are married, 37.3% have never married and 16.0% are divorced and 3.7% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Waratah.

55.8% of the people living in Waratah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.7% are working on a part time basis. Waratah has an unemployment rate of 8.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Waratah are 29.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 26.5% Labourers, 14.7% Technicians & trades workers, 9.8% Managers, 6.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.9% Professionals, 3.9% Sales workers, 2.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Waratah work in are 47.1% Mining, 13.7% Accommodation and food services, 11.8% Administrative and support services, 8.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.9% Construction, 4.9% Manufacturing, 3.9% Retail trade, 3.9% Other services.

53.5% of homes are fully owned, and 25.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $389 per week and the median household income is $560 per week.

The median rent in Waratah is $123 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $670 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Waratah postcode 7321

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Latrobe 7307 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania