Moriarty Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Moriarty (7307) is a suburb of Tasmania, Launceston, Tasmania. It is about 198 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Moriarty is in the federal electorates of Braddon, Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Moriarty was 234 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Moriarty is 41 years of age.

93.1% of people living in the suburb of Moriarty were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.0% England.

97.0% of people living in Moriarty speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Moriarty is 31.3% No religion, 21.0% Anglican, 11.2% Uniting Church, 10.3% Baptist, 8.2% Catholic, 7.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.6% Christian, nfd, 2.6% Pentecostal, 1.7% Eastern Orthodox, 1.3% Buddhism.

61.2% of people are married, 27.7% have never married and 8.0% are divorced and 1.6% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Moriarty.

48.0% of the people living in Moriarty over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 45.6% are working on a part time basis. Moriarty has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Moriarty are 19.8% Professionals, 17.5% Managers, 14.3% Technicians & trades workers, 12.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.3% Sales workers, 10.3% Community & personal service workers, 7.9% Labourers, 7.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Moriarty work in are 21.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.9% Public administration and safety, 7.3% Retail trade, 7.3% Manufacturing, 6.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Education and training, 4.8% Wholesale trade.

36.4% of homes are fully owned, and 48.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $533 per week and the median household income is $1158 per week.

The median rent in Moriarty is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1200 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Moriarty postcode 7307

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: West Launceston 7250 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania