Sassafras Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Sassafras (7307) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 190 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Sassafras is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Sassafras was 328 and is comprised of approximately 44.2% females and 55.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Sassafras is 37 years of age.

89.3% of people living in the suburb of Sassafras were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.8% England, 1.5% New Zealand.

97.6% of people living in Sassafras speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Sassafras is 22.9% No religion, 20.5% Anglican, 17.1% Uniting Church, 12.5% Catholic, 11.0% Baptist, 9.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 1.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 0.9% Other Religious Groups.

58.4% of people are married, 29.8% have never married and 3.9% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Sassafras.

65.2% of the people living in Sassafras over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.9% are working on a part time basis. Sassafras has an unemployment rate of 2.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Sassafras are 31.5% Managers, 16.8% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Labourers, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.6% Professionals, 7.6% Sales workers, 6.1% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Sassafras work in are 33.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.8% Construction, 10.3% Manufacturing, 9.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.7% Education and training, 6.7% Retail trade, 5.6% Health care and social assistance, 4.1% Accommodation and food services, 3.6% Public administration and safety.

43.0% of homes are fully owned, and 29.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $531 per week and the median household income is $1333 per week.

The median rent in Sassafras is $110 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Sassafras postcode 7307

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Brooklyn 7320 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania