Tulka Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Tulka (5607) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 257 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Tulka is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Tulka was 171 and is comprised of approximately 49.1% females and 50.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tulka is 40 years of age.

93.5% of people living in the suburb of Tulka were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.1% New Zealand, 2.4% England.

98.3% of people living in Tulka speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% Italian.

The religious makeup of Tulka is 38.6% No religion, 21.6% Anglican, 21.1% Catholic, 9.4% Uniting Church, 4.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.8% Baptist, 1.8% Other religious affiliation , 1.8% Lutheran.

50.0% of people are married, 36.4% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Tulka.

52.6% of the people living in Tulka over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.5% are working on a part time basis. Tulka has an unemployment rate of 7.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Tulka are 18.9% Professionals, 18.9% Managers, 16.7% Community & personal service workers, 16.7% Labourers, 10.0% Technicians & trades workers, 7.8% Sales workers, 6.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.4% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Tulka work in are 18.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.6% Education and training, 11.5% Health care and social assistance, 11.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 9.2% Manufacturing, 6.9% Public administration and safety, 6.9% Retail trade, 4.6% Construction, 4.6% Administrative and support services.

37.7% of homes are fully owned, and 33.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $633 per week and the median household income is $937 per week.

The median rent in Tulka is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tulka postcode 5607

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Glandore 5037 -> Adelaide -> South Australia