Meringandan Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Meringandan (4352) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 110 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Meringandan is in the federal electorate of Groom.

In the 2011 census the population of Meringandan was 305 and is comprised of approximately 51.1% females and 48.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Meringandan is 30 years of age.

90.8% of people living in the suburb of Meringandan were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% England, 2.3% New Zealand, 1.0% Zimbabwe, 1.0% Scotland.

99.0% of people living in Meringandan speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Meringandan is 25.7% No religion, 19.7% Catholic, 17.4% Anglican, 8.2% Uniting Church, 5.3% Christian, nfd, 4.9% Lutheran, 4.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Baptist, 2.3% Other religious affiliation .

59.3% of people are married, 28.5% have never married and 4.7% are divorced and 5.6% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Meringandan.

58.8% of the people living in Meringandan over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.0% are working on a part time basis. Meringandan has an unemployment rate of 3.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Meringandan are 18.8% Technicians & trades workers, 17.4% Labourers, 13.2% Sales workers, 12.5% Professionals, 11.8% Community & personal service workers, 10.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.0% Managers, 6.9% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Meringandan work in are 15.4% Health care and social assistance, 13.3% Retail trade, 11.9% Manufacturing, 11.9% Education and training, 11.2% Construction, 8.4% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Financial and insurance services, 4.9% Accommodation and food services, 4.9% Other services.

27.3% of homes are fully owned, and 48.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $648 per week and the median household income is $1259 per week.

The median rent in Meringandan is $225 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1560 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Meringandan postcode 4352

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Mount Crosby 4306 -> Brisbane -> Queensland