Leslie Dam Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Leslie Dam (4370) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 141 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Leslie Dam is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Leslie Dam was 281 and is comprised of approximately 47.7% females and 52.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Leslie Dam is 45 years of age.

90.3% of people living in the suburb of Leslie Dam were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% New Zealand, 1.1% England.

94.7% of people living in Leslie Dam speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Leslie Dam is 29.6% Catholic, 22.9% Anglican, 16.1% No religion, 9.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.6% Uniting Church, 3.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 2.5% Lutheran, 1.4% Pentecostal, 1.1% Jehovah's Witnesses.

64.4% of people are married, 20.0% have never married and 6.2% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Leslie Dam.

53.7% of the people living in Leslie Dam over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 39.6% are working on a part time basis. Leslie Dam has an unemployment rate of 4.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Leslie Dam are 19.4% Managers, 18.6% Labourers, 14.7% Technicians & trades workers, 14.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.8% Professionals, 7.0% Sales workers, 7.0% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Leslie Dam work in are 27.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.6% Accommodation and food services, 10.9% Manufacturing, 9.3% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Construction, 7.0% Other services, 6.2% Education and training, 4.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.7% Transport, postal and warehousing.

37.5% of homes are fully owned, and 42.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $435 per week and the median household income is $1102 per week.

The median rent in Leslie Dam is $93 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $921 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Leslie Dam postcode 4370

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Kandanga 4570 -> South Eastern -> Queensland