Freestone Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Freestone (4370) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 115 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Freestone is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Freestone was 268 and is comprised of approximately 44.8% females and 55.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Freestone is 39 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Freestone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% New Zealand, 1.9% England, 1.5% United States of America, 1.1% Netherlands.

98.9% of people living in Freestone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Freestone is 33.1% Anglican, 24.2% No religion, 20.1% Catholic, 10.4% Uniting Church, 2.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Pentecostal, 1.9% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Baptist, 1.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Lutheran.

65.8% of people are married, 21.4% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Freestone.

59.4% of the people living in Freestone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.9% are working on a part time basis. Freestone has an unemployment rate of 4.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Freestone are 29.8% Managers, 15.3% Labourers, 14.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.7% Professionals, 9.7% Community & personal service workers, 7.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.3% Sales workers, 2.4% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Freestone work in are 30.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Manufacturing, 10.5% Health care and social assistance, 8.1% Retail trade, 7.3% Accommodation and food services, 7.3% Construction, 4.8% Other services, 4.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.0% Education and training.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 39.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $475 per week and the median household income is $794 per week.

The median rent in Freestone is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1603 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Freestone postcode 4370

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Pierces Creek 4355 -> South Eastern -> Queensland