Canningvale Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Canningvale (4370) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 128 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Canningvale is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Canningvale was 215 and is comprised of approximately 50.7% females and 49.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Canningvale is 43 years of age.

92.5% of people living in the suburb of Canningvale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% New Zealand, 1.4% England.

91.2% of people living in Canningvale speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Canningvale is 35.7% Catholic, 30.0% Anglican, 9.9% Uniting Church, 8.9% No religion, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.8% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.4% Salvation Army, 1.4% Baptist.

58.8% of people are married, 32.8% have never married and 6.8% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Canningvale.

49.3% of the people living in Canningvale over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.5% are working on a part time basis. Canningvale has an unemployment rate of 6.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Canningvale are 20.6% Managers, 15.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.0% Sales workers, 12.2% Labourers, 11.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.4% Technicians & trades workers, 5.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.6% Professionals.

The main industries people from Canningvale work in are 15.5% Retail trade, 14.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.6% Accommodation and food services, 9.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.5% Manufacturing, 5.4% Health care and social assistance, 5.4% Other services, 4.7% Mining, 4.7% Construction.

38.2% of homes are fully owned, and 44.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $450 per week and the median household income is $1333 per week.

The median rent in Canningvale is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Canningvale postcode 4370

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Kandanga 4570 -> South Eastern -> Queensland