Haly Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Haly Creek (4610) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 156 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Haly Creek is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Haly Creek was 235 and is comprised of approximately 47.2% females and 52.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Haly Creek is 33 years of age.

89.4% of people living in the suburb of Haly Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% England.

92.8% of people living in Haly Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Haly Creek is 27.5% Catholic, 15.9% No religion, 13.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 12.9% Lutheran, 10.7% Anglican, 7.7% Uniting Church, 5.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Baptist, 2.1% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Other Protestant.

67.1% of people are married, 23.7% have never married and 1.7% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Haly Creek.

66.9% of the people living in Haly Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.9% are working on a part time basis. Haly Creek has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Haly Creek are 34.7% Managers, 20.3% Technicians & trades workers, 10.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Professionals, 8.5% Labourers, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.1% Sales workers, 2.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 2.5% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Haly Creek work in are 37.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.5% Construction, 7.6% Public administration and safety, 7.6% Retail trade, 7.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.9% Education and training, 5.1% Manufacturing, 5.1% Health care and social assistance, 5.1% Wholesale trade.

33.3% of homes are fully owned, and 45.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $406 per week and the median household income is $949 per week.

The median rent in Haly Creek is $215 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1177 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Haly Creek postcode 4610

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Branch Creek 4625 -> Central Coast -> Queensland