Coolabunia Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Coolabunia (4610) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 147 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Coolabunia is in the federal electorate of Maranoa.

In the 2011 census the population of Coolabunia was 277 and is comprised of approximately 50.9% females and 49.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coolabunia is 45 years of age.

89.9% of people living in the suburb of Coolabunia were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England, 1.4% Ireland, 1.1% New Zealand.

97.5% of people living in Coolabunia speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coolabunia is 17.4% No religion, 16.7% Anglican, 15.6% Catholic, 14.1% Uniting Church, 9.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Lutheran, 6.9% Christian, nfd, 4.0% Pentecostal, 2.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Other Protestant.

65.6% of people are married, 19.9% have never married and 7.2% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Coolabunia.

61.8% of the people living in Coolabunia over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.1% are working on a part time basis. Coolabunia has an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Coolabunia are 28.7% Managers, 13.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.2% Technicians & trades workers, 11.0% Sales workers, 10.3% Professionals, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.6% Labourers, 5.9% Community & personal service workers, 4.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Coolabunia work in are 20.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.7% Retail trade, 11.1% Education and training, 10.4% Public administration and safety, 8.3% Manufacturing, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 6.2% Other services, 6.2% Accommodation and food services, 4.2% Mining.

50.5% of homes are fully owned, and 29.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $431 per week and the median household income is $1083 per week.

The median rent in Coolabunia is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $975 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coolabunia postcode 4610

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Toobeah 4498 -> Western -> Queensland