Woolooga Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Woolooga (4570) is a suburb of South Eastern, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It is about 169 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Woolooga is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Woolooga was 274 and is comprised of approximately 47.8% females and 52.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Woolooga is 49 years of age.

84.2% of people living in the suburb of Woolooga were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.4% England, 2.2% Germany, 1.5% New Zealand, 1.5% South Africa, 1.5% Ireland.

95.9% of people living in Woolooga speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Woolooga is 19.9% Catholic, 18.4% Anglican, 18.0% No religion, 14.3% Uniting Church, 8.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 2.6% Christian, nfd, 2.2% Lutheran, 1.5% Baptist.

57.1% of people are married, 21.9% have never married and 9.8% are divorced and 6.2% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Woolooga.

51.0% of the people living in Woolooga over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.3% are working on a part time basis. Woolooga has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Woolooga are 26.0% Managers, 20.0% Technicians & trades workers, 19.0% Labourers, 14.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.0% Professionals, 6.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Woolooga work in are 25.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.9% Manufacturing, 11.1% Construction, 5.6% Accommodation and food services, 5.6% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.6% Administrative and support services, 5.6% Education and training, 5.6% Other services.

45.2% of homes are fully owned, and 33.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $352 per week and the median household income is $594 per week.

The median rent in Woolooga is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1200 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Woolooga postcode 4570

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: College View 4343 -> South Eastern -> Queensland