Laravale Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Laravale (4285) is a suburb of South Eastern, Gold Coast & Hinterland, Queensland. It is about 70 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Laravale is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Laravale was 266 and is comprised of approximately 48.5% females and 51.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Laravale is 41 years of age.

85.8% of people living in the suburb of Laravale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% New Zealand, 3.0% England.

92.9% of people living in Laravale speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Laravale is 24.1% Catholic, 23.3% Anglican, 15.4% Uniting Church, 14.7% No religion, 11.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 3.0% Baptist, 1.9% Buddhism, 1.9% Lutheran, 1.1% Presbyterian and Reformed.

50.2% of people are married, 36.2% have never married and 7.7% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Laravale.

62.7% of the people living in Laravale over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.8% are working on a part time basis. Laravale has an unemployment rate of 3.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Laravale are 30.9% Managers, 18.1% Labourers, 12.1% Community & personal service workers, 10.7% Technicians & trades workers, 9.4% Sales workers, 9.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.0% Professionals.

The main industries people from Laravale work in are 33.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.0% Retail trade, 10.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.6% Manufacturing, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 5.5% Education and training, 4.8% Other services, 4.1% Accommodation and food services, 4.1% Administrative and support services.

37.5% of homes are fully owned, and 30.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 28.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $1091 per week.

The median rent in Laravale is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Laravale postcode 4285

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Toogoolawah 4313 -> South Eastern -> Queensland