Darlington Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Darlington (4285) is a suburb of South Eastern, Gold Coast & Hinterland, Queensland. It is about 81 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Darlington is in the federal electorate of Wright.

In the 2011 census the population of Darlington was 292 and is comprised of approximately 51.4% females and 48.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Darlington is 38 years of age.

84.7% of people living in the suburb of Darlington were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.4% New Zealand, 1.4% Netherlands, 1.0% England, 1.0% Germany.

89.3% of people living in Darlington speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Darlington is 27.6% Catholic, 25.9% Anglican, 12.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 11.3% Uniting Church, 10.9% No religion, 6.5% Christian, nfd, 3.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Lutheran.

57.0% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Darlington.

56.9% of the people living in Darlington over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.6% are working on a part time basis. Darlington has an unemployment rate of 2.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Darlington are 30.2% Managers, 20.9% Labourers, 12.9% Community & personal service workers, 11.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.8% Technicians & trades workers, 7.2% Sales workers, 6.5% Professionals.

The main industries people from Darlington work in are 28.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.8% Public administration and safety, 9.4% Accommodation and food services, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.9% Education and training, 7.2% Manufacturing, 6.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.5% Construction, 4.3% Retail trade.

38.0% of homes are fully owned, and 19.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 31.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $492 per week and the median household income is $866 per week.

The median rent in Darlington is $85 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1950 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Darlington postcode 4285

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Toogoolawah 4313 -> South Eastern -> Queensland