Murray Upper Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Murray Upper (4854) is a suburb of Northern, Cairns, Queensland. It is about 1273 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Murray Upper is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Murray Upper was 140 and is comprised of approximately 44.3% females and 55.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Murray Upper is 30 years of age.

100.0% of people living in the suburb of Murray Upper were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

51.4% of people living in Murray Upper speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 48.6% Australian Indigenous Languages .

The religious makeup of Murray Upper is 51.8% Pentecostal, 9.4% Christian, nfd, 8.6% Baptist, 7.9% No religion, 7.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Catholic, 5.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 4.3% Anglican.

16.0% of people are married, 69.0% have never married and 3.0% are divorced and 3.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Murray Upper.

42.1% of the people living in Murray Upper over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 57.9% are working on a part time basis. Murray Upper has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Murray Upper are 66.7% Labourers, 25.6% Managers, 7.7% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Murray Upper work in are 40.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 29.7% Other services, 13.5% Construction, 8.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 8.1% Public administration and safety.

10.0% of homes are fully owned, and 7.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 75.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $251 per week and the median household income is $749 per week.

The median rent in Murray Upper is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1452 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Murray Upper postcode 4854

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Noorindoo 4417 -> Western -> Queensland