Byfield Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Byfield (4703) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 566 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Byfield is in the federal electorate of Capricornia.

In the 2011 census the population of Byfield was 261 and is comprised of approximately 46.4% females and 53.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Byfield is 47 years of age.

79.2% of people living in the suburb of Byfield were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.0% England, 4.2% New Zealand, 1.9% United States of America.

89.2% of people living in Byfield speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 10.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Byfield is 30.3% No religion, 18.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 15.7% Catholic, 14.6% Anglican, 5.4% Christian, nfd, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.2% Uniting Church, 2.3% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Other Religious Groups, 1.9% Buddhism.

47.8% of people are married, 30.0% have never married and 13.0% are divorced and 9.2% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Byfield.

52.1% of the people living in Byfield over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.1% are working on a part time basis. Byfield has an unemployment rate of 11.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Byfield are 18.9% Managers, 16.0% Professionals, 16.0% Technicians & trades workers, 14.2% Community & personal service workers, 10.4% Labourers, 8.5% Sales workers, 7.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Byfield work in are 19.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 12.6% Construction, 11.7% Education and training, 8.7% Public administration and safety, 7.8% Mining, 4.9% Accommodation and food services, 3.9% Manufacturing, 2.9% Retail trade.

56.4% of homes are fully owned, and 26.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $389 per week and the median household income is $618 per week.

The median rent in Byfield is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Byfield postcode 4703

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Biddeston 4401 -> South Eastern -> Queensland