Barmoya Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Barmoya (4703) is a suburb of Central Coast, Rockhampton, Queensland. It is about 541 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Barmoya is in the federal electorate of Capricornia.

In the 2011 census the population of Barmoya was 240 and is comprised of approximately 45.8% females and 54.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Barmoya is 43 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Barmoya were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

95.0% of people living in Barmoya speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Barmoya is 22.6% Anglican, 21.3% Catholic, 17.2% Uniting Church, 12.1% No religion, 8.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.2% Christian, nfd, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.3% Baptist, 2.9% Lutheran, 2.5% Pentecostal.

57.9% of people are married, 31.3% have never married and 6.2% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Barmoya.

68.5% of the people living in Barmoya over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.2% are working on a part time basis. Barmoya has an unemployment rate of 2.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Barmoya are 30.1% Managers, 12.0% Labourers, 12.0% Technicians & trades workers, 10.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.0% Professionals, 9.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.5% Sales workers, 7.5% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Barmoya work in are 34.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.9% Construction, 9.2% Public administration and safety, 9.2% Retail trade, 6.9% Manufacturing, 6.9% Education and training, 6.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.1% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.3% Professional, scientific and technical services.

44.6% of homes are fully owned, and 28.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $554 per week and the median household income is $1613 per week.

The median rent in Barmoya is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1049 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Barmoya postcode 4703

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Biddeston 4401 -> South Eastern -> Queensland