South Ripley Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

South Ripley (4306) is a suburb of Brisbane, Ipswich, Queensland. It is about 35 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. South Ripley is in the federal electorate of Blair.

In the 2011 census the population of South Ripley was 344 and is comprised of approximately 49.4% females and 50.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of South Ripley is 36 years of age.

84.8% of people living in the suburb of South Ripley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.8% New Zealand, 3.8% England, 1.5% Canada.

93.6% of people living in South Ripley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of South Ripley is 22.4% Catholic, 18.3% No religion, 16.9% Anglican, 10.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.0% Uniting Church, 6.1% Lutheran, 5.5% Christian, nfd, 4.4% Pentecostal, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Baptist.

54.2% of people are married, 30.2% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 8.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in South Ripley.

59.3% of the people living in South Ripley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. South Ripley has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in South Ripley are 20.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.0% Technicians & trades workers, 13.7% Professionals, 12.0% Labourers, 10.3% Community & personal service workers, 9.7% Managers, 9.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.4% Sales workers, 1.7% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from South Ripley work in are 10.3% Public administration and safety, 10.3% Construction, 9.1% Retail trade, 8.6% Education and training, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.4% Manufacturing, 7.4% Accommodation and food services, 5.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.1% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

30.8% of homes are fully owned, and 38.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $612 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in South Ripley is $300 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for South Ripley postcode 4306

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Binjour 4625 -> Central Coast -> Queensland