Coolana Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Coolana (4311) is a suburb of Brisbane, Ipswich, Queensland. It is about 47 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Coolana is in the federal electorate of Blair.

In the 2011 census the population of Coolana was 174 and is comprised of approximately 52.9% females and 47.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coolana is 45 years of age.

82.1% of people living in the suburb of Coolana were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 3.5% New Zealand, 3.5% Philippines.

94.7% of people living in Coolana speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coolana is 24.9% Catholic, 20.8% Anglican, 15.6% No religion, 12.1% Lutheran, 11.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Uniting Church, 3.5% Baptist, 2.9% Presbyterian and Reformed.

59.0% of people are married, 28.5% have never married and 6.2% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Coolana.

69.5% of the people living in Coolana over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.2% are working on a part time basis. Coolana has an unemployment rate of 6.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Coolana are 32.9% Technicians & trades workers, 13.4% Managers, 12.2% Professionals, 12.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.8% Sales workers, 8.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Community & personal service workers, 3.7% Labourers.

The main industries people from Coolana work in are 15.3% Retail trade, 14.1% Manufacturing, 10.6% Education and training, 10.6% Other services, 9.4% Wholesale trade, 8.2% Public administration and safety, 7.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 7.1% Construction, 7.1% Health care and social assistance.

46.0% of homes are fully owned, and 34.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $500 per week and the median household income is $1125 per week.

The median rent in Coolana is $235 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1213 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coolana postcode 4311

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Noosa Heads 4567 -> South Eastern -> Queensland