Loomberah Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Loomberah (2340) is a suburb of Regional NSW, North West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 294 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Loomberah is in the federal electorate of New England.

In the 2011 census the population of Loomberah was 488 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Loomberah is 39 years of age.

93.2% of people living in the suburb of Loomberah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.0% New Zealand, 1.0% Papua New Guinea, 1.0% Scotland, 0.8% England.

97.9% of people living in Loomberah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Loomberah is 44.4% Anglican, 18.9% Catholic, 10.7% No religion, 6.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.6% Uniting Church, 5.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.7% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Baptist, 1.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.6% Other religious affiliation .

66.3% of people are married, 23.3% have never married and 7.0% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Loomberah.

58.7% of the people living in Loomberah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.9% are working on a part time basis. Loomberah has an unemployment rate of 2.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Loomberah are 31.6% Managers, 17.0% Professionals, 13.1% Technicians & trades workers, 12.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.2% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.3% Labourers, 4.6% Sales workers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Loomberah work in are 26.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.6% Education and training, 8.2% Health care and social assistance, 8.2% Construction, 6.4% Retail trade, 5.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.4% Other services, 5.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.6% Public administration and safety.

45.2% of homes are fully owned, and 33.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $667 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in Loomberah is $280 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1950 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Loomberah postcode 2340

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Jeremadra 2536 -> South Coast -> New South Wales