Tallimba Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tallimba (2669) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 399 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tallimba is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Tallimba was 335 and is comprised of approximately 46.0% females and 54.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tallimba is 40 years of age.

94.7% of people living in the suburb of Tallimba were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.2% England, 0.9% New Zealand.

97.6% of people living in Tallimba speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tallimba is 26.9% Catholic, 21.8% Anglican, 13.1% Christian, nfd, 11.0% Uniting Church, 10.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.5% No religion, 4.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.4% Baptist, 1.8% Lutheran.

69.3% of people are married, 22.1% have never married and 5.3% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Tallimba.

64.6% of the people living in Tallimba over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.2% are working on a part time basis. Tallimba has an unemployment rate of 3.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Tallimba are 63.7% Managers, 7.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.6% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Professionals, 5.7% Labourers, 3.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.8% Technicians & trades workers, 1.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Tallimba work in are 60.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.7% Manufacturing, 5.7% Education and training, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.8% Accommodation and food services, 3.8% Public administration and safety, 3.8% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.8% Other services, 3.8% Mining.

60.5% of homes are fully owned, and 12.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $438 per week and the median household income is $890 per week.

The median rent in Tallimba is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tallimba postcode 2669

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urana 2645 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales