Girral Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Girral (2669) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 383 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Girral is in the federal electorates of Parkes, Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Girral was 187 and is comprised of approximately 44.4% females and 55.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Girral is 47 years of age.

94.6% of people living in the suburb of Girral were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

96.3% of people living in Girral speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Girral is 36.6% Catholic, 25.8% Anglican, 18.8% Uniting Church, 10.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.7% Lutheran, 2.2% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed.

59.5% of people are married, 26.1% have never married and 5.9% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Girral.

74.2% of the people living in Girral over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 12.9% are working on a part time basis. Girral has an unemployment rate of 6.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Girral are 63.2% Managers, 12.6% Professionals, 4.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.6% Labourers, 4.6% Technicians & trades workers, 3.4% Sales workers, 3.4% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.4% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Girral work in are 69.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.2% Education and training, 4.6% Health care and social assistance, 3.4% Manufacturing, 3.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.4% Public administration and safety, 3.4% Retail trade, 3.4% Transport, postal and warehousing.

63.1% of homes are fully owned, and 23.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $511 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in Girral is $43 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Girral postcode 2669

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales