Lewis Ponds Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Lewis Ponds (2800) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central Tablelands, New South Wales. It is about 191 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Lewis Ponds is in the federal electorate of Calare.

In the 2011 census the population of Lewis Ponds was 413 and is comprised of approximately 49.9% females and 50.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lewis Ponds is 45 years of age.

89.1% of people living in the suburb of Lewis Ponds were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.1% England, 1.7% New Zealand, 1.0% United States of America, 1.0% Germany.

98.5% of people living in Lewis Ponds speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lewis Ponds is 31.1% Anglican, 27.5% Catholic, 14.9% No religion, 11.6% Uniting Church, 6.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.0% Lutheran, 0.7% Buddhism, 0.7% Christian, nfd, 0.7% Baptist.

61.7% of people are married, 20.7% have never married and 11.4% are divorced and 0.9% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Lewis Ponds.

64.6% of the people living in Lewis Ponds over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.1% are working on a part time basis. Lewis Ponds has an unemployment rate of 2.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Lewis Ponds are 23.6% Managers, 19.4% Professionals, 17.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.8% Technicians & trades workers, 8.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.8% Labourers, 4.6% Community & personal service workers, 3.4% Sales workers, 1.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Lewis Ponds work in are 17.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.5% Health care and social assistance, 12.1% Education and training, 7.9% Construction, 5.8% Public administration and safety, 5.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.0% Other services, 5.0% Mining, 4.6% Retail trade.

47.4% of homes are fully owned, and 40.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $681 per week and the median household income is $1565 per week.

The median rent in Lewis Ponds is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lewis Ponds postcode 2800

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Hazelbrook 2779 -> Sydney -> New South Wales